Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Heat Wave

It was very hot here this past weekend with temps in the 90's. Ugh. I thought I had until July, or at least June, to worry about how to keep Jack cool in the sweltering heat. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time at the pool this Summer. We'll be visiting the aquarium and other indoor places a lot too. Luckily it's going back down to the 60's this weekend.

I was able to take Jack out in the jogging stroller both Saturday and Sunday. I made sure to go out early in the morning before it warmed up. After not running for a whole year I had forgotten how great it feels. I'm so glad I was reminded of it and can share it with Jack.




I have a question for all you moms out there. I have yet to keep Jack out past 6pm. He eats between 6:30 and 7 and is in bed and asleep by 7:30. I couldn't push this back even if I wanted to. I don't think I can spend the next couple of years never being out past 6pm. That's ludicrous! What do you do when you are away from home and it is bedtime? Do you bring a travel bed or find another safe place to lay them until you can get home? I feel like that would be very disruptive and I wouldn't want someone to do that to me. I don't have any immediate plans to stay out, but I'd like to have a solution if and when the time comes. I also want to start running with some friends one night a week and they don't start until 6:30. I know Jack would be fine sleeping in his stroller, but I'd hate waking him to put him in the car and then again to take him out. Am I just being silly? I have no problem turning things down or leaving early in order to get Jack home. Babies need quality sleep and I want him to be rested and happy. But I'm only talking about one night a week!

Speaking of sleep, it is way past my bedtime. I hope Jack sleeps until 5 like he did last night! But first, a couple more pictures:



Haha! One hand is not enough anymore!


2 comments:

Ashlie said...

I wish I could help you. Presley won't go to bed before 10! She usually sleeps until 8:30, so that's wonderful. However, it would be nice to have a little bit of an evening. I do know that when Presley is really asleep, I can move her all around and she doesn't stir. I bet Jack will not even notice. Go enjoy your run with friends!

Emily said...

Asher likes to go to bed early too (unfortunately, he also wakes up at 1 and 4 to eat!). When we were traveling I tried to keep to his schedule as much as possible. The one night we were at the wedding he was out late and got really cranky before falling asleep on Drew's shoulder. I fed him again when we got back to the hotel, then we slept the rest of the night. I think being out late 1 night a week won't hurt Jack at all, especially if he can snooze in the stroller. Enjoy your run!