Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Jack's first wedding

This is going to be a mostly pictures post. We got home late last night and Jack didn't go to bed until 9:30 (normal bed time is 7:30). I was hoping he'd sleep in, but nope! He woke up at 6:30. We're both very tired and I just spent an hour getting him to bed tonight. He is teething badly now and I'm hoping that's all it is (combined with last night's change in routine).

Anyways, let's get on with it! Yesterday Jack went to his first wedding and he did amazingly well! Everyone was commenting on how happy he is and how good he was being. I went to high school with the groom, Jacob and I'm so excited he has found happiness with Sarah.  I have so many great pics and couldn't choose just a few. My dad took some amazing pictures of Jack and I before we left and I was also having a great hair day! :) Enjoy!






I have to savor all these gummy smiles. I have no idea when it might be my last.


Teething baby - he's biting really hard now



Getting sunscreen on before leaving

Sarah and Jacob

At the reception

Jack sat so nicely while we ate dinner

Jack and Catherine- she has a 21 month old son (who she left with grandma) who weighs about the same as Jack! Aiden only weighs about 3-5 pounds more. Crazy!!

We all went to high school together along with the groom

and just a cute picture from today!


We ended up not going to the pool today. I'm having car troubles and need to get it into the shop. But that's another story! Something kinda crazy that I want to mention though...Jack is sleeping on his tummy! I'm a little nervous about this, especially since he hasn't mastered rolling over, but he seems to love it. He keeps getting up on his side and falling asleep that way. Eventually he's falls back onto his back, but I think he's trying to get onto his stomach. A coworker suggested putting him on his stomach for a nap since I'd be around to check on him. Yesterday I put him down for a nap and he got on his side. The top leg would fall down and he'd jerk it back up. I decided to try putting him on his stomach and he slept very soundly. I checked on him numerous times but he did great! Tonight we had some issues and at one point, I walked over and noticed he had gotten himself onto his stomach. This happened twice. I know he is capable of rolling over both ways, he just isn't doing it consistently or easily. I know some babies immediately roll over when put down but it takes Jack some effort. He obviously wants to sleep on his stomach so I'm going to let him. It's a little bit scary though! 

Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love his wedding outfit. Jack has such a great smile -- what a cutie!! :o)

I totally need to check out the Splash Park this summer...where is it located? It looks like so much fun -- maybe that can be our meetup!

Glad you and Jack had a fun weekend!

Mommy Tay said...

So Adorable! The pictures of the two of you are so great! I'm glad he was so good for you at the wedding!

aleelavine said...

Great pics, as usual. :)
Don't you just love those gummy smiles? :)

Bennett has been choosing to sleep on his tummy for a few weeks now... and there is no stopping it. We try to put him on his back as suggested, but he always ends up on his stomach. Always. We just make sure that his head is to the side and not face down and choose to put him in short-sleeved onesies at night so not to restrict his breathing at all if he were to be laying on his arm at all. Tummy sleepers are stubborn, I guess! :)