Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mommy and Me

I take quite a few pictures of Jack, but we don't get too many of us together. I got a few good ones today I want to share:




And a couple of Jack by himself:
Sitting up like a big boy! Even when I sit him next to me on the couch or lean him against me, he propels himself forward like he doesn't need the support and would rather sit up on his own. Needless to say, I have to be very careful where I put him!

I love his face in this one!


I signed Jack up for swim lessons, starting June 5. I'm super excited! Just recently he has started kicking and splashing in the bath tub. I hope he will enjoy being in a super-sized bath tub! The class is hard to get into with limited space. There was one spot available for Saturdays at noon starting this week, but after taking all my info, someone had beat her to it and the spot was filled! I'm actually glad we are waiting until June because I'm taking him to the pool over Memorial Day weekend for the first time. I want to see how he does with the water and being around a lot of other kids. I've heard that the baby should be okay with water going over their heads before starting any kind of class. Jack is okay with me pouring a cup of water over his head in the bath, but I cover his eyes when I do it. I really hope they don't expect the baby to go all the way under water. I'm definitely not comfortable with that! My dad said they put me in the water and let go. That's nuts!! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it and I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm starting to run more and I even signed up for a local 2-mile race. It's a family fun run and strollers are allowed on the course! I'm really excited to finally find a run I can do with Jack. I really wish I could find some 5k's, but this is great for now. I'm going to try and update my progress on my running blog, Adventures in Running. Feel free to stop by anytime. I don't want to blend running stats with baby talk!

2 comments:

Emily said...

My Dad said they told him the same thing when he took me for baby swim lessons...just toss her and and she'll float!

That's crazy!

Drew got Asher and I lessons at the Little Gym for Mother's Day and I'm so excited to get Asher around some other kiddos!

Sarah said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you and your Jack had a great day together! You are both super cute :)

Swimming lessons sound awesome - can't wait to see the pictures. We have a pool here at our apt complex, so we will just be using htat pool rather than formal lessons (for now).