Today was an absolutely beautiful day. Jack and I started our day by going to see the Easter Bunny. He (well actually it was a woman!) was scheduled to be there at 10 and we got there right on time. I didn't want to go later and have to wait in line. Well being there early paid off. We were the first ones there and the bunny was late. I'm assuming the photographer was on the phone with her because he then came over and told us she would be 15 minutes late. Great! I didn't bring a stroller or anything and carrying Jack was hurting my arms. We went to sit on a nearby bench where Jack proceeded to fall asleep! We went back to the line and I saw the woman go into the back to get her costume on. She was taking forever and the photographer went back there to check on her. When he came back, he apologized for the delay, gave me the envelope with the packages listed, and told me to pick one and I would get it free of charge! Woohoo!! I picked the one that gave us the most pictures so that everyone can get one. 18 pictures for $34.99 and I got it for free! I was able to wake up Jack for the picture and he's looking at the camera. No smile or anything but he wasn't upset and it was free so I can't complain! I'll post a pic once I get it scanned. For now, here's one of us before leaving:
And one with Grandpa:
We came home, made sandwiches, changed clothes and then picked up Jack's dad and went to the park for a picnic. Jack was exhausted and needed a nap and he slept for almost an hour on the blanket. It was nice to relax out in the fresh air.
His feet touched grass for the first time and also felt the sun!
I have a bottle of Water Babies sunblock but it says to consult a doctor for babies under 6 months. We kept Jack in the shade as much as possible and he had a sun hat and was pretty well covered. After he woke from his nap, I did take his outfit off for a couple of minutes so he could A. feel the warm breeze on his arms and legs which he LOVED and B. take a picture with dad in their "matching" outfits.
I'm a big fan of Bob Marley and bought this onesie when I was pregnant. I love it and they look cute wearing the same colors!
Before leaving we just had to get a picture on this cool elephant statue. There was also a lion and a gorilla but I love the elephant!
This park is only 5 miles from my house and I'm sure we'll be going back often, especially once Jack can go on the swings. It'll be neat to keep taking pictures with the elephant as Jack grows. There's also a "Splash Playground" which I can't wait to go to, probably in June!
After the park we went to Target and I was finally able to get a picture wearing Jack in my Mei-Tei. I ordered it from Baby Hawk and it is absolutely awesome!
It's not the best picture but it gives you a general idea. The waist ties in back and the shoulder straps criss-cross and come around front and tie at Jack's butt. There are a few different ways to carry him and tie it, but this is the best for us right now. Once he can hold his head up better, I can fold the flap down so he can look around more. I love it because it keeps my hands free and I always know where he is. Plus he seems to like it because he falls asleep in it and when he wakes up, he just looks around at everything. He sleeps really well in it too. I wasn't sure how I would like it with the ties but I really love it. It's a lot easier and quicker to put on then I ever imagined. It's also very secure and comfortable. I do wish that I would have picked a different fabric, maybe a more colorful one, but I still love it! I also ordered a Beco which is similar except that it buckles instead of ties. I figured that would be better for longer trips such as going to the zoo or fair. Babywearing is great! Who needs a stroller?
I guess I better get to bed. Stay tuned for Jack's 3 month pics!
2 comments:
Love the Bob Marley onesie!!! So cute!
Which do you prefer - the Beco or the Mei-Tei? I'm definitely going to order one soon!
Yay for pics with the Easter Bunny! Can't wait to see! And for free?? Woot woot!
Where do you live that you can be outside already? Lucky!!! I can't wait for that!
Post a Comment