Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

One month

Happy one month birthday, Jack! I can't believe it's been one month since I sat in the hospital bed waiting to meet you. The whole labor experience was so surreal and then they put you on my chest. I didn't know what to think; I was just glad it was over and you were okay. When I held you for the first time, I didn't know what to think of this tiny person that I had created and carried for so long. I didn't know anything about you but I knew I loved you. Caring for you came very naturally for me right from the start. I wasn't as nervous or unsure as I thought I would be. My instincts took over and I just knew what to do, as if I had always been doing this. I was meant to be a mom, your mom, and I love it more than I thought possible. It's definitely hard and frustrating at times, but it's so great and wonderful and I wouldn't change it for anything. You make me smile, laugh, and cry tears of joy. I'm still amazed that I created you and that you grew in my tummy from a microscopic embryo to the big boy you are today! You're changing so fast and I'm trying hard to enjoy all of these moments. They're going to go by so fast and I don't want to wake up one day wondering where it all went. I wish you could stay my sweet boy forever but I'll definitely cherish each and every day. I look forward to all the wonderful things we're going to experience together. Just don't grow up too fast! I love you so much!

Today we had lunch with our friend Alex and she gave us the beautiful quilt she'd been working on. Here are some pics:







The back of the quilt is a cute Pooh pattern:

1 comment:

aleelavine said...

Happy 1 Month to Jack!! What a cute quilt too.