Tuesday, January 5, 2010
My Son
I got Jack's insurance card in the mail yesterday which I needed before I could make an appointment to get his extra digits tied off. I called today to schedule it and said, "I need to make an appointment for my son." When I got off the phone, I thought about those words. It's so strange to think that I am someone's mom and I have a son. Taking care of his needs and loving him has come so naturally, but actually stopping to realize that I am his mom is a little weird. I can't quite explain it. I was reading a message board earlier and some moms were saying that they love their babies, but haven't developed a bond with them yet. I definitely feel bonded to Jack and I love him more than anything else. He makes me laugh just being his cute, sweet self. I know it won't always be easy but I'm looking forward to all the rewards that come with motherhood. All the smiles, cuddles, and milestones. It's going to go by so fast so I'm trying to take everything in and enjoy it as much as I can. My life has forever changed. I have a son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't it the strangest, yet most awesome feeling to realize that you are a mother of a little boy? It overcomes me every day and every moment I look into my little guy's eyes. It's amazing.
Post a Comment