On Jack's birthday I took him to Target Portrait Studios to get his pictures taken. I plan to always have our Christmas photos done in October or November and then have Jack's picture taken in December for his birthday. For his first birthday, we were able to go on the actual day. I dressed him in his birthday shirt for some fun pics and packed a nice sweater to get some more formal ones. Well I left the second outfit at home. Crap. We ended up getting some great pictures though. In the future, I'm just going to order a disc of all the pictures and then take my time to choose what I want. I feel so rushed to look through all the pictures and make a decision on what to order. And they've made it so you can't copy the pictures from their website.
Anyways, here are the ones I ended up ordering:
The last 3 are my absolute favorite and I ordered this 10x13 collage:
I love it! It's probably my most favorite picture ever! I had a 50% off coupon (off everything) so I also bought a 16x20 framed canvas print of the close-up of Jack smiling. It's a lot bigger than I expected, but it's also way cute! And I got it for 50% off!
Just for fun, here is my one year picture that was also taken on my first birthday:
I know I've been a little MIA lately, but Jack has been keeping me pretty busy. He's also cutting his molars and hasn't been sleeping well. Which means I'm not sleeping well. I've been trying to go to bed as early as possible because I never know when he's going to wake up. And when he does wake up, it takes awhile for him to go back to sleep. I hate that he has to go through this and I'll be so glad when it's over! Until then, you can look for me on Wordless Wednesdays! I'm still figuring out my camera and have been having fun taking pictures. If you have kids and don't own a digital SLR, I suggest you make the investment ASAP. It's definitely worth it!
I'm going to try to catch up on everyone's blogs sometime but I don't know how long it'll take. I might not take the time to make comments, but know that I am still reading and keeping up with everyone. I love seeing all the adorable kids (I've recently started using this word as opposed to babies and it just seems so natural. Scary!) and reading about what's going on in your family. Keep it coming and I'll try my best to do the same.
Have a great week!






2 comments:
OMG - those three were definitely my favorite also, though naturally they're all cute!
That's so funny that A has that same birthday onesie...I love it, and have been contemplating if it's silly to let her wear it again? hahaha
I eagerly await more posts, though understand the feeling. A is cutting hers also, complete with bleeding gums and everything, and sleep is a hot commodity these days!
I'm glad that you had a good experience at the Target Studio. I was just left with such a bad taste in my mouth. Boo!!! Anyway... Target's site doesn't allow to save from their site... so I was sneaky and I just did a screen capture and then cropped the image out of that... probably 100% illegal but I'm not printing them. :)
Post a Comment