Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12 Months

Jack had his twelve month doctor visit today. I also have his monthly pictures to share!

At 12 months, Jack:

*weighs 25 pounds even (75th%)
*is 31 3/4 inches tall (95%)
* has a head size of 19 inches (90%)
*has 7 teeth- 4 on top and 3 on bottom (the top left one just came in yesterday!)
*is mostly wearing size 18 month pants and 24 month shirts. He's kind of in-between sizes but it also depends on the style and brand.
*wears size 5 diapers
*wears a 4 1/2 extra wide shoe
*loves to eat and doesn't refuse anything! Some of his favorites are cheese, crackers, and fruit. He tried whole eggs for the first time (I made him scrambled eggs for his birthday) and he loves them.
*is nursing morning and night and drinking whole milk during the day. Today he drank two 5-ounce bottles of whole milk without issue! Once he gets used to the new milk, we'll make the switch to cups. I don't want to make too many transitions at once.
*crawls on all fours and is getting very fast
*cruises like a champ, can now push his walkers across the room all by himself, and can stand alone for short periods
*gives kisses now!

This has been a big month. Jack is so mobile and he's gotten so fast. I'm now starting to experience issues with diaper changes and he rolled over on his changing table for the first time today. It's also getting hard to get him to do things he doesn't want to do. It's definitely getting interesting. :)

This was by far the hardest month for pictures. There was no way I was going to get 6 blocks to stay on his tummy. But I did manage to get at least one good one with him looking at me! Thank goodness I'm stopping, because I can't imagine trying to get pictures with 8 blocks!







Jack's first cookie:




Happy 12 months, Jack. I love you so so much!!

P.S. You can expect the quality of my pictures to improve because I'm going to start using my brand new Nikon D5000 that my dad got me for Christmas!! I can't wait!!! :)

4 comments:

Waterfall said...

I love the last picture! (I love all of 'em, but the last one is particularly cute!)

Mommy Tay said...

I love the block pictures! I feel you on the hard thing! The last 3 months of comparison pictures have been a nightmare! lol. We had to finally tag team and one person distract, the other tale the picture...just so we could get a picture of him without him rolling over! That smile in the last one is awesome! Happy 12 Months Jack! Yay for being close to walking! Im thinking Ethan will be a 15-16 monther. We'll see. Can't wait to see pics from your new Camera!!! Woohoo!

aleelavine said...

Props to you for keeping up with the blocks!!!! Yay for 12 month stats, we won't get those until mid-Jan because of the holiday dr. schedule! Blah!!! :) That last picture melts my heart. :)

Emily said...

Happy 12 months Jack!

I can't wait to see your new photos - getting a new camera is so much fun!