Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Busy Bees

We have been very busy, as we seem to be every spring. April has always been a busy month, even pre-kid, but even more so now with a kid. Here's what we've been up to.

The Thursday after Easter my oldest friend came to visit with her 2 year old Alexa. She has been visiting every year with her daughter and this was their 3rd trip. It was definitely way more fun this time around and Alexa and Jack played so well together. We went to Baltimore on Friday and spent most of the day at the aquarium. I've been numerous times but this was my first time with Jack. We had a blast! I posted the pictures on last week's Wordless Wednesday.

Saturday we went to the local farm for their Bunnyland festival. Despite Easter being over, the festival was still going strong. We had great weather, delicious hot dogs and again, the kids had a blast! Jack's favorite part of the day was the hayride. We even rode it a second time and we ended up being the only ones on it. It was kinda cool to have the whole thing to ourselves!




They went home on Sunday. I'm planning on going up there for Thanksgiving again and by then Vanessa will have given birth to a new baby girl! She's due in September! I hope it doesn't stop her from making her yearly visits, but I'll definitely understand if she doesn't want to travel by herself with 2 young kids.

Last weekend we went to a rainbow-themed first birthday party for the adorable Charlotte. Charlotte has a big brother who's 3 and we've gone to all of his parties. They have a lot of family and friends with young kids who I only ever see at these parties. It's neat watching them change year after year and to see the new additions!

The cupcakes were so pretty and so delicious!



This past weekend we went to the Cole Bros. circus. We went last year on Mother's Day and had a great time and this year we went with some friends.




This weekend we're going to an event where kids can see trucks up close and personal. You can even bring something to recycle and see the recycling truck in action. Jack is going to love it! And as if that wasn't enough, we're going to the B&O Railroad Museum on Sunday for their Day out with Thomas. We get to go on a 25 minute ride with a full-size Thomas the Tank engine. Sir Topham Hatt will even be there! Jack's dream weekend is going to be made a reality! I'm sure we'll all be thoroughly worn out by Sunday evening, but it'll be worth it.

We have more planned, but things should start slowing down after June 3. Part of the reason we've been so busy is all the running I've been doing. I'm currently training for a half marathon on June 2. In the last 10 days I've run 3 races: a 5K, a mile track heat, and a 10K. I'm running a 5-miler in a couple weeks and need to get in some longer runs to get ready for the half. Jack's even running a toddler run next weekend! You can read all about my training and racing on my running blog: Adventures in Running. I've actually been doing a fairly good job updating it. Better than this one, anyway! :)

I'll leave you with some awesome news: Jack started wearing underwear to daycare on April 9 and since then he has been in underwear all day every day and has only had half an accident! He had a little diarrhea that started coming out but we rushed to the potty and he was able to finish there. Other than that, he has stayed dry! He wears a diaper or pull-up at night, but he's dry most mornings. He's even gone potty out in public a couple of times now, thanks to my awesome foldable potty seat that fits in our bag. Yay!

I'll try to update more often, but I'm not making any promises! We might be having too much fun or be too tired from all the fun (and running). I do post pictures pretty regularly on my Facebook page, so feel free to friend me if you haven't already to get your Jack fix! Have a great week!

1 comment:

B said...

Love to see what you've been up to! I always enjoy the pics of Jack on FB - so glad we can keep up that way, as well!

What fun things you guys do! I love to see such active families, esp. when you live in an area with so many wonderful things to offer. Austin is like that too, and we try our hardest to take advantage of it :)

Any idea how she made those cupcakes? Those are AWESOME!

AND...great news on the potty training! That is so fantastic! We're not quite there in panties yet with Ava, but I attribute a lot of that to the fact that we're constantly on the go with one of the kids. At least, that's what I tell myself :)