I know this is super late! I want to get a quick post up about our Thanksgiving trip before I start posting about Jack's birthday, his party, and of course, Christmas.
This is the 2nd year that we've gone to upstate NY to spend Thanksgiving with our family. My mom lives up there as well as all of my dad's extended family and I have a few friends there as well. Sidney has met my mom but this was his first time coming to NY and meeting my huge extended family. Once again we stayed with my friend Vanessa and her family which was so fun!
Jack and Alexa have become good friends even though they only see each other 2 or 3 times a year. They play so well together and aren't they just so cute?
I also got to meet Alexa's baby sister Brynna, who was only 2 months old. Vanessa is going to try and bring them both for a visit when Brynna is closer to a year old. I can't wait!!
It's hard to believe, but we hadn't seen my mom since last Thanksgiving. Jack has certainly changed a lot in the last year and pictures only show so much. She couldn't believe how big he had gotten!
We also hadn't seen my Grandmother (my dad's mom) since last Thanksgiving and I was really looking forward to seeing her and for her to meet Sidney.
You can never know what the weather will be like on Thanksgiving in NY. I had packed sweaters for us to wear and was pleasantly surprised to find we didn't need them. And instead of being stuck inside, we were able to play outside in my Aunt's big backyard. Jack had a lot of fun playing soccer with his (4th?!) cousin.
It did end up snowing while we were there. Such crazy weather! We drove home on Saturday but before getting on the road, we met my mom for breakfast and a game of bowling. It was a lot of fun! When I asked Jack if he had fun in NY he said, "Bowling was fun!"
It was great being home for Thanksgiving. I really miss the big family Christmas party we have every Christmas Eve, but I also really like keeping Jack at home. I wouldn't want to be traveling on his birthday plus we've started our own Christmas traditions that would be hard to keep away from home. But I think we'll continue our tradition of going to NY for Thanksgiving!
Mom, Grandma, Vanessa, and everyone else- we miss you already!!




2 comments:
Aww, love his little tiger jammies! Too cute!
I haven't been home for Thanksgiving since I was 15 (!!!), and this really makes me wish we could! It just isn't worth the trip when we have to fly across the country and then drive three hours from the airport in the snow - lol!
So glad you guys got to spend Thanksgiving with your family!
Post a Comment