Tuesday, November 3, 2009
November???
I can't believe it's actually November. It's crazy! Time has really flown by and this pregnancy has gone by a lot faster than I expected it to. I went to the doctor's today for my routine check-up. His heart rate is in the 140's (can't remember the exact number!) and my blood pressure is 110/70. We went over the results from last weeks ultrasound and she did tell me that even though he's measuring 6 days ahead, my due date isn't changing. They don't change it this late in the game. She said they go by earlier measurements and that in the beginning, all babies grow at the same rate assuming nothing is wrong. That's how they measure the due date. Later on, the baby will grow at whatever pace and become whatever size works for them, same as outside the womb. Does all of that make sense? Basically I'm still due on December 24 and that's not going to change no matter what. He just may decide to come out a bit early. My uetrus is still measuring on track, it's just him that's a little bigger. I also found out that the measurements taken in utero can be wrong. I mean how can they accurately tell how much he weighs anyway? I don't get it but he's healthy and normal and everything looks good so I'm not worried!! I go back in 2 weeks and then I start going every week for pelvic exams and all that fun stuff. It's getting so close! I'm having a baby next month!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment