Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Punches and jabs and kicks, oh my!

I finally felt my first kicks last night!! I felt 2 distinct little jabs while I was laying in bed watching t.v. I only have one way to describe it. It's like the Atari game Pong. You have the bar on the bottom moving left to right and it "catches" the ball and bounces it into the bricks above. Well it's like there is a small rubber ball in my stomach and every so often it hits the wall and I feel it. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but that's how it feels to me! I know it'll get stronger and feel more like kicks as time goes on, but I'm happy with these little jabs until then. It's really amazing! It's also very reassuring to feel him moving around in there.

Lately I've been thinking about him being inside my stomach. I can't wait to meet him and see what he looks like and what his personality will be like. I can't wait to get to know him and spend time with him. But I also want to keep him safe and I feel like he's safe inside mommy's tummy. Part of me wishes I could keep him in there forever. I know other moms must feel this way at one time or another too. The happiest day of my life will be the day I hold him for the first time, but I'm also going to miss him being in my belly. I won't, however, miss the discomforts!!

Look for my weekly update tomorrow and I hope you like my new layout!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those first jabs are so cool!! Congrats. It is crazy to think about them just hanging out in there.